Pages

HOME        About Me        Get In Touch       

05 October 2015

Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Festival | Festival | 03 October 2015

Hello dear friends!

I know it's been a while since I've posted, and that's simply because I've been busy I've been going on adventures to festivals and things here in Germany, but since they revolved around alcohol, I wasn't comfortable bringing my camera with me. 

This past Saturday, my friends and I made the 2.5 hour trip to the Ludwigsburg Palace, near Stuttgart, for the annual Pumpkin Festival. It was something I went to last year (but it was too rainy to bring my camera then), so my friends and I were anxious to go this year. Thankfully it was such a beautiful day to go to the festival!


When you walk in the front gates of the Palace grounds, this is what you see (it's more in the distance, there is a long walkway between the front gate and this point because it's all gardens). Then there is this giant pond in the center, and then the palace. On either side of the palace are gardens as well, and then you take a walkway on the right side of the palace to get to the actual festivities in the back of the grounds.

according to my Translate app... this means fly
Once you get around the back, there is so much to see! The grounds are insanely huge, there are lots of garden areas, and for this event, they made sculptures out of pumpkins. There were some awesome sculptures and I didn't get a picture of each and every one because I got side tracked with some other awesome things.

These are the sculptures I did get a picture of. 1) piano, 2) airplane, 3) man on a flying carpet with a magic lamp, 4) man with wings, and 5) eagle. If you want to see more pictures (or individual pictures) check out my Facebook page. I am pretty sure that every year they have a different set of sculptures, and yes, they are made entirely of pumpkins.



On the palace grounds, there is a beautiful little tower, this is Repunzel's tower. The picture on the left was taken at a distance once you enter the festivities area. The picture on the right was a closer picture once we got up toward the tower. As you can see on the right side of the picture on the right, they have Repunzel's hair raised and lowered (it has a giant pink bow on it)


This is a beautiful little cottage on the way to Repunzel's tower. I had never seen it before, but it was cute and I almost missed it, tucked in among the plants.


In the kids area of the grounds, there was a giant pond with this fountain in the middle of it. There were too many people to get a decent unobstructed view of the entire pond, but I like how this picture turned out.



This entire building is covered with shelves of pumpkins (this is a little store where you can buy different merchandise- I bought a Halloween candle holder and a post card). I just thought the walls of pumpkins were awesome. I believe these are all different types of pumpkins!


When you walk into this event, this is one of the views you see as you walk down the sloped walkway. It didn't occur to me to get this picture until we were about to leave.


At the top of the slope at the back of the palace they always have a main sculpture, this one was of a rocket. Last year it was a giant pumpkin crown!


The gardens around the palace grounds are absolutely gorgeous! So well taken care of and colorful!


This is the back side of the palace in all it's glory. The entire building is just insanely gorgeous! I just had to try to capture this beautiful picture.


I hope you guys and gals enjoyed the pictures from this festival. For the rest of my adventures, I will try and take my big camera so I can get more pictures before I leave Germany. Next weekend I am supposed to be going to Berlin with a friend of mine, so be on the lookout for those pictures. If you have any questions, please feel free to get ahold of me, or if you just want to talk.

Hope you guys enjoyed another glimpse of the beautiful architecture that is all around Germany!

Be on the lookout later this week, since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, there will be another round of Hope Mini Sessions to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. The flyer will go live later this week and be valid until the end of October.


No comments:

Post a Comment