Pages

HOME        About Me        Get In Touch       

12 October 2015

Hemhofen Medieval Festival | Festival | 10 October 2015

Hello Friends!

This past Saturday my usual group and I went to a medieval festival about an hour away from us. It was an awesome little festival. It was the smallest festival I've been to since I've been to Germany. Thankfully it was a little bit warmer then we expected, although it was still chilly.


The first things we saw once we got our tickets into the festival was the Blacksmith. It was pretty cool to watch, and it took a little bit of time to try to get a picture of him working. I showed this to someone in my unit and they told me they thought I had taken a picture of an old picture. I laughed and told them that it was a picture that I took myself. 


In the center of the outside ring of the festival was this little stage where these three German girls were singing together. I loved their outfits, I only wish that I could've actually understood what they were singing.


Once we got to the center of the outside ring, we stopped for some food. Dom was a little cranky around this time so his mother let him play with her spoon. When it was time to give the spoon back, he because extremely upset. I tried to distract him by taking pictures of him. This one turned out to be my absolute favorite picture.



In the center of the event there was a field fenced off that was used for both jousting and dancing. It was quite entertaining to watch. This was the perfect action shot of the jousting, they eventually dropped all of their weapons and shields and ended up rolling around on the ground. 


These were the pretty dancers


Eventually it was time together and Dom wanted to walk, so I couldn't resist taking this picture. I only wish I hadn't gotten the stroller. It can't always be helped when you're taking candid shots though. 


I hope you guys had an awesome weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment