Pages

HOME        About Me        Get In Touch       

26 October 2015

Amy D Hope Mini Session | Cancer Mini Session | 24 October 2015

Hello dearest friends!

Saturday was our Breast Cancer 5K event, so I brought back the Hope Sessions.
The guest speaker flew to Germany all the way from Texas, just to share her story as a Breast Cancer survivor. Her husband is an absolute sweetheart and I am so excited that I got to meet them both!

Being on a military base, it's sometimes difficult to find a good place to take pictures. It was super foggy this day, but we wanted to try to capture the beautiful autumn weather that surrounded us, once the clouds lifted.


Amy (the guest speaker), her husband, their guardian Angel Judy (Eilene's mother), Eilene's husband Bill, and Eilene (the event coordinator and a Breast Cancer survivor herself. Because we were on a military base, Judy suggested a picture in front of the tanks around base. 


The leaves are just so pretty here! I am so happy to have these lovely people in my life. Each and every one of them.


Amy, her husband, and Judy- whom they call their guardian angel. Although they had never met in person before this event, they had met on Facebook. Judy had helped them both through the entire process. I can totally believe that because Judy is such a sweet woman. 

After she, Eilene, and Bill get back from their adventures, they want to have me over for a birthday dinner before Judy goes back to Texas. Super sweet woman I tell you!


Amy and her husband

During her speech, she told us something beautiful about her husband.

During her treatments, she would have to change the bandages herself because they were like open wounds, but her husband wouldn't stay in the room. She wondered why for a while, but eventually got the nerve to ask him (this is such an emotionally trying time that I can only imagine what it must have felt like for him to keep leaving the room). When she finally asked him about it, his response was "I don't want to remember you this way." He never stopped supporting her throughout her entire treatment process, but he didn't want to remember the open wounds. He just wanted to remember how beautiful his wife was.

See! Super sweet!!!!


You guys may remember this awesome couple from my very first Hope Mini Session.

Eilene and Bill are both cancer survivors themselves, their daughter has cancer, and Eilene spends her as much time as possible to bring cancer awareness to everyone around her. Bill is the sweetest man I've ever met, he never complains, he always supports her in anything she does, and he is just so kind!


These three women are some of the kindest women I've ever met!

So thankful to have them in my life.


Bill got a picture of all of the ladies that were there. 

Elke, me, Judy, Eilene, and Amy

Elke works with Eilene in Graf and came to support the event. 
She stood in the cold weather and laughed with us during this photo session, so we of course wanted her in at least one picture!

I always find the most inspiring women.
Which is why I do what I do.

To celebrate these inspiring women!



No comments:

Post a Comment