Pages

HOME        About Me        Get In Touch       

02 April 2014

Host Nation Orientation Trip | Travel | Nürnberg, Germany

Last week I mentioned on the Facebook page that I was going on a trip with my Host Nation Orientation group. We went to a lovely town called Nürnberg, Germany. It was originally built by the Romans in the 1200's. During World War II, Hitler took over the city to use it for his own purposes. Many of the buildings were destroyed during the wall and have since been rebuilt, and made to look like the original buildings.

I just wanted to share some of the pictures with you. The entire gallery can be found on the Facebook page.


 Interesting story behind this gate (and the other one like it). Couples would come and put locks on the gate to show their love for each other and how it was everlasting.

 The group I went with. The instructor took the picture...

 St. Klara's Church. A cool little treasure. On the outside, it has the old look from when it was first built, but the inside is completely modern. It threw me for a loop!

One of the guys in my group asked the instructor how to say the name of a snack he wanted to buy. He seemed pretty confused but she was awesome enough to work with him until he got it right

He had no idea I was taking this photo until after I snapped it. He was talking to someone near me and I was working on the settings for my camera. He was a great sport about it though.

Beautiful architecture throughout the entire city. It is just breath taking!

 St. Lawrence's Church. I had to go wayy back to get this image and still almost fell backwards because I wasn't back far enough. This church was pretty amazing. The inside had the high vaulted ceilings and everything and it was just beautiful.

To see these pictures and the rest that I took, make sure to check out the Facebook page!

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment